Organization: Mercer Logistics
Contact: Human Resources
Job Posting Information:
Intermodal DispatcherCompensation: DOE
Mercer Transport is seeking a Dispatcher to join our team in Fife, WA.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of Seattle-Tacoma ports and rails, general knowledge of the PNW geography and expertise in the transportation industry. Knowledge of equipment and handling capabilities a big plus. Expert use of Profit Tools and Intermodal Dispatch highly desirable.
Primary job duties include:
- Scheduling and dispatching company drivers and owner-operators in the most cost-effective manner
- Track company fleet assets, rail and ocean containers and chassis usage
- Track port activity to maintain driver efficiency and productivity; minimize demurrage and detention
- Responsible to meet on-time driver performance and customer commitments
- Coach/counsel/direct drivers as necessary to achieve optimal performance
- Ensure all FMCSA requirements are met; Maintain driver compliance/DOT and Safety regulations
- Resolve transportation problems with urgency and professionalism
- Work with sales on coordinating effective customer solutions
- Alternating weekend schedule for peak seasons required
- At least two to five years previous rail and port dispatch experience
- Excellent communication skills with key stakeholders (drivers, customers, coworkers, management, etc.)
- Demonstrate positive attitude when arranging on-time deliveries and tracking loads
- Great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and flexible
- Excels in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficient knowledge of MS office products- Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficient experienced using TMS technologies
- High School graduate or equivalent
For this position, Mercer Logistics offers:
- Excellent compensation package including 401k, medical coverage, PTO and holidays.
- Great work environment
Please include a cover letter with your resume- cut and paste into the body of your response is preferred.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
Mercer is a multi-concept third-party provider of Import, Export, Warehouse, Distribution, and Transportation Services. We operate warehouses throughout the Pacific Northwest. In addition, we are a U.S. Customs Centralized Exam Station (CES) and Container Freight Station (CFS). Mercer is owned and managed by a group of seasoned professionals whose experience in all aspects of the industry add a depth of knowledge to efficiently and expertly handle our customers’ needs.
It is our objective to become the leading provider of all import, export, warehousing, and trucking services essential to the international trade community in our home ports of Seattle, Tacoma, and Portland as well as other markets in the Northwest United States.
|Check us out at www.mercerlogistics.com|
Interested in posting a job? Contact WTA today!